Goals and Objectives:
- To Maintain Law and Order in the AOR
- To prevent and detect crime effectively
- To Uphold Rule of Law and to gather people confidence
- To curb down crime, criminal activities and fear of crime in the society
- To practice transparency
- To practice change and innovation for improvement
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Pro-active (Beat & community policing/Check-posts/Collection of Intelligence/Mobile-foot-bike petrol): Each PS is divided into several Beat areas where designated officers are assigned to secure that area beforehand, conduct surveillance, preserve criminal data records, collect human intelligence, conduct regular police operations, visit door to door and ensure visible policing to take people into confidence. These ultimately reduce crime as well as increase detection, reduce fear of police in peoples’ mind, ensures visible policing, reduce response time and improve quality service.
- Re-active : This includes prompt response to any call, quality investigation and proper documentation for trial in the Court, arrests and searches, maintaining law and order, VVIP protection and security for KPIs, security for public events, etc.
List of subordinate Offices: