Women Support & Investigation Division
Women Support & Investigation Division is a groundbreaking initiative of DMP and Bangladesh Police as well to address the issues of rampant violence against Women and Children in Bangladesh. It started its Journey as Victim Support Center on 17th February, 2009 with the Support of the Police Reform Programme and the collaboration of ten partner NGOs.
From July 2011, an investigation unit and quick response teams were established and started working under this division.
|Serial No.||Partner NGO’s|
|1.||Ain O Shalish Kendra.|
|2.||Society of the Deaf &Sign Language Users|
|3.||Association for Correction and Social Reclamation|
|5.||Acid Survivors Foundation|
|6.||Bangladesh National Woman Lawyers’ Association|
|7.||Bangladesh Mohila Parishad|
|8.||Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust.|
|9.||Dhaka Ahsania Mission|
This division started its journey with a broader aspect to ensure a women friendly environment by Providing safety, security, greater well-being, compassionate care and unconditional support to the most vulnerable group in a gender sensitized policing system. Women Support & Investigation Division is always striving to enhance – establish – better social system, ensure greater empowerment, security and total welfare of women in Dhaka Metropolitan area.
- This unit is enhancing accessibility to report crimes against women and children- protecting legal rights to those victims.
- To play an effective role in safeguarding victims.
- To combine efforts of both GO and NGO.
- To protect the victim from repeat victimization.
- To frame effective policy guidelines on prevention of crime.
- To preserve information on crime against women and children.
- From 2009 to May 2016 this center rendered services to 4008 victims very professionally and successfully.
- Providing legal assistance to the women & children who are repressed and harassed.
- Making the investigation of women & children cases more effective by creating awareness of related laws among women & children who are harassed.
- To coordinate and assist in investigation of women and children related cases in all crime divisions of DMP.
- Since 2011 this division has investigated 1593 cases and 102 cases are under investigation.
- Provide guidance to complainants through help line.
- Quick response to the place of occurrence and provide assistance.
- Rescue victims in emergency cases.
- Four (4) teams now working rotationally headed by one Sub-inspector.
- This unit has a lot of praiseworthy and exceptional operations which makes the importance of this unit inevitable.
Address: WSID, DMP, Tejgaon Thana Compound, Dhaka-1215
Phone: 02-9110885, DMP- 2634
Help line (QRT): 01755 556644, 01755 556645, 01733 219005,
Cell- 01745 774486-7, 01733 219040